The media lies.
- They keep referring to Michael Laney as a “suspect,” when it reality, the only thing suspect about him is that he was riding a red scooter.
- They’re simultaneously saying Michael Laney had his hands behind his back and that he was reaching for an officer’s gun (or his gun), which is physically impossible if your hands are behind your back.
- Notice how all the media reports say that the officers thought Laney was reaching for a gun, but no one has mentioned whether or not he actually had a gun. You know why? Because he didn’t fucking have a gun. If he had one, that shit would be in the goddamn headline.
- Most of the media is conveniently leaving out the whole part where after the cop shot Michael, the other cop yelled to him “What have you done?” They fucking knew right then they had used excessive force.
- The media is bringing up Michael’s felony record for one reason: so that the police officers can be justified in murdering him.
- The goddamn piece of shit police chief had the nerve to say “these officers feared for their lives.” Fuck you. Michael was running to his mother’s house. He feared for his life. You did not fear for your fucking life when you had him handcuffed, when you shot an unarmed, handcuffed man in the head.
- Then, he had the nerve to say “the alternative is we could be talking about two dead cops right now.” This… this is what they think about us. The police chief of the Charlotte Mecklenberg Police Department has literally said “Yeah, a black man’s dead, but it’s way better than the alternative: a white cop being dead.”
Of course, the question is, how could dead police be an alternative when he didn’t have a gun, and his hands were handcuffed behind his back?
Is this like why we invaded Iraq because the “alternative” was a world devastated by non-existent WMDs?
Is this like needing to drill holes in peoples’ heads to let the demons out because the “alternative” was Satan possessing them and bringing about the Apocalypse?
I mean, if non-true things constitute viable “alternatives” that justify any action, I should be able to walk into stores and take anything I want because the “alternative” is an angry Giant Magic Monkey-Tiger-Godzilla Robot will destroy the planet unless I’m allowed free foods and goods.
Of course, there’s no logic here. Just a reminder that any delusion is acceptable as long as it sticks within the rules that Black life doesn’t matter and how dare anyone expect it to.